Ethos and Values
Learning for life – Shine and Achieve Together
Braintcroft is a friendly and caring school in which children are supported and encouraged to achieve their best. Within our diverse and inclusive community we aim to nurture individuals and develop pride and mutual respect for each other and our school.
As a Rights Respecting School we teach children that they have rights under the United Nations Conventions on the rights of a child. Children learn the value of a rights based culture by experiencing learning in a community where adults take responsibility for ensuring that all children enjoy their rights.
We aim to:
- provide a positive, safe and stimulating environment in which to learn
- provide learning opportunities that excite and challenge
- provide opportunities for children to achieve their best, both academically and socially
- equip children with the skills, knowledge and enthusiasm for learning to prepare them for life beyond school
- work in partnership with families and the wider community
- continually develop our professional skills
- celebrate success
- encourage good behaviour through a positive approach
- provide opportunities for families to be involved in their child’s learning
- work together to achieve high standards in all that we do
- work together as a school to place our agreed core values at the heart of the ethos of the school
Agreed core values
Our core values have been agreed by children, parents, staff and governors. They can be remembered by ‘2REACH’ - Respect, Responsibility, Equality, Aspiration, Co-operation and Honesty.